Sign in
South Africa Source-linked decisions Coverage checked

South Africa Case Law

Search judgments by proposition, citation, court, judge or legal topic, then move directly into the source-grounded case analysis.

Courts on this page
2 court collections
Last checked

South Africa decisions

Decisions matching the current search

Clear filters
Family And Children [2025] ZAGPPHC 163

V.I v G.I.I (B1349/2023)

V.I v G.I.I (B1349/2023) [2025] ZAGPPHC 163 (17 February 2025)

The High Court rescinded a divorce order granted in the respondent’s absence, finding the applicant had good cause and a bona fide defence.

  • Divorce Rescission
  • Spousal Maintenance
  • Accrual System
  • Default Judgment
  • Condonation
  • Ethical Conduct Of Legal Practitioners
Read case analysis
Family And Children [2020] ZAFSHC 211

R L v M L (5462/2008)

R L v M L (5462/2008) [2020] ZAFSHC 211 (12 November 2020)

The court found that the applicant failed to establish that the respondent committed fraud or misled her regarding the divorce proceedings. The evidence showed that the respondent was transparent about his intention to divorce and informed the applicant of the finalisation. The applicant's version was inconsistent, adapted over time, and corroborated rather than contradicted the respondent's account. The alleged fraudulent misrepresentation occurred after the divorce, not at the time of the proceedings. The application for rescission was not filed within a reasonable time, and the applicant f…

  • Divorce Rescission
  • Fraudulent Misrepresentation
  • Joint Custody
  • Delay In Application
Read case analysis
Family And Children [2014] ZAGPPHC 917

M.C.Y v P.T (8053/2013)

M.C.Y v P.T (8053/2013) [2014] ZAGPPHC 917 (5 November 2014)

The High Court set aside a divorce decree incorporating a disputed settlement agreement, held the marriage remained out of community of property, and awarded costs.

  • Matrimonial Property Regime
  • Transkei Marriage Act
  • Settlement Agreement Validity
  • Divorce Rescission
  • Divorce-rescission
  • Settlement-agreement-validity
Read case analysis

About this LexChat collection

South Africa decisions are organised by court, judge, legal area and indexed issue so a practitioner can move from a proposition to a citable authority with the surrounding context intact.